Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Header Challenge Celebration

This weeks header challenge is Celebration, chosen by Tom Fishing Guy....
To see what the other head bangers have done follow the link, you will find them top right on my sidebar.

There's only one celebration that springs to mind.... the night I was lucky enough to meet up with a fellow blogger Stewart and his delightful better half Julie... the occasion was the old boys 65th... and a great night was had by all.


Stewart speech was a tad slurred by this time.. he needed prompting by  Little Stewart.. 


Stewart was a demon on the dance floor.


John Travolta has nothing on these disco Diva's 


Meet Little Stewart... my present to him.. I promised him I'd knit him something one Christmas..  unfortunately ill health and lack of concentration set in and he had to wait a year or two... but he was happy to see what I'd knitted for him as I'd hinted it was a Willy Warmer...

Great night, as bloggers we might never meet, and friendships formed online might seem strange to those who don't form them... I consider many of my blogging friends as close as any of my other friends, and tonight's posting is to celebrate  friendship made through blogging.   


7 comments:

Craver Vii said...

Holy cow! You were the one who knitted Little Stewart? That's perfect! I turn 65 in 16 years (hint, hint). ;-)

It looks like a good time was had by all. What a trip! I wish I could have been there!

Tom said...

Craver.. it was a great night. Meeting an online friend might not be for everyone, but it was great.. I felt like I'd known him and Julie for years.
If I start knitting a Little Craver now it might just be about ready for your 65th the way I'm going. :O)

Katney said...

I have traveled half around the world to visit online friends. Well, I was travelling half around the world and we visited because we were in the area. We spent a day with Stewart and Julie in Lincoln. (Many pictures were taken!) We also visited online contacts in Siberia many years ago. That was before blogging.

imac said...

Tom,what can I say, it was a perfect night and to set you and Jane was fantastic, and little Stewart says Hi.

heritagemom said...

Looks like fun! I don't think I'd have an issue meeting an online friend like this! And with my husband there, we'd be SURE to have fun. :D

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Wish I could have been there Tom for a great milestone celebration.

Lew said...

Celebrating friendships is something we should do everyday! Sometimes we take our friends for granted.