Pages

Saturday 10 April 2010

Froggy Goes A Courting

Better Late than Never


I have seen frogs doing what frogs do as early as January, this year the breeding season is the latest I've ever know.


I wonder if it is just our local Frogs that have hung on for better weather, or this as happened all over the UK.


All the above pictures were taken in the middle of March, it was still cold then and frosty in the mornings. Now we have warm sun just when the tiny frogs will be out and about. I wonder what else in nature will be later this year.

5 comments:

imac said...

Wonders of Nature Tom super shots, we had some frogs mating too and we have frogspawn in our pond growing.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Tom: Neat captures of the courting and eggs. You did a wonderful job of catching this.

Carolyn said...

Great photos Tom. I'v noticed the frogs are early here this year but then we haven't had any winter here in Toronto!!
Be well and smiles

Arija said...

Great shots Tom. Thse who cannot read thermometers or listen to the weather forecasts seem to manage their timming so much better than conceited mortals.

Anonymous said...

Just about everything is later over here at our house, Tom. Gosh, I can't remember when we did what your frogs just did.