Pages

Thursday 8 April 2010

Canal Views 13

Parked Up & Almost Forgotten
While traveling along the canal system it gives you chance to see what would be missed from the road... all these caught me eye and when I got home I had a look on Ebay for what they were selling at. I have added the prices as a rough guide.


1960's Massey Ferguson Tractor
Would bring between £800 + on Ebay


1950's -60s Grey Fergie Tractor
Would bring £1000 + on Ebay


Road Roller £500+


Ah! Whats this beauty I spy?

Series 1 Land Rover 1948-58
Would bring anything from £1000 - £2000
Very early chassis numbers sell for more
One of these tastefully restored.
Would bring between to £7,000 - £10, 000


Now this really caught my eye, I had a good look at this and took quite a few pictures... This is a Series 1 Land Rover 80", although when it was introduced in 1948 it was just called "The Land Rover". The first Land Rover built like this date from between 1948 -58 .. finding one that as not been 'messed' with is a rare find. These can bring good money even in a state like this.

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

So, is that Land Rover still there...or in your backyard?";)

Kerri Farley said...

Very interesting! LOVE the shots ~ I wonder if the owners know what they've got??

Willard said...

Thanks for stopping by, Tom. I have been wanting to get over to your blog for a few days now and never got around to it, but today was the day.

This post is especially interesting to me as we have an old Ford/Ferguson tractor from the late 40s or early 50s and it looks almost identical to the Ferguson in your photo-just a slightly different pattern to the grill.

Anonymous said...

I never thought to look things up on E-bay. I suppose that is the asking price and the actual selling prices may vary.

imac said...

Great post from ol wiggers.
The LR 1948-is my year.lol.

Gerald (SK14) said...

Now don't you go thinking of restoring any more Land Rover - you've been there done that - move onward.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Tom: Now you have spied a treasure, how lucky. Maybe you can get it at a low price.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

If only!

If only you had the money and energy to buy and fix up such treasures.

My old Farmall 200 row crop tractor made in 1949 is being restored at the high school as a shop class project. My son, the teacher, arranged that.

I read the other day their are only 2000 Hummers left to sell before it is no longer produced. Have you bought one yet to store away for a couple of decade when it will be worth lots of money.

Could a new Hummer pry you away from your Land Rover?